Watch the Crash Course video on World War II here:
Answer the following questions:
1) Why does Green think you could argue that World War II started in 1931?
2) Describe what “blitzkrieg” was like and whether it was effective or not.
3) What was the purpose of the “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster?
4) What nation did Germany attack that opened up the “Eastern Front?”
5) Why was Argentina vital to the Allied powers?
6) Describe two significant things about the Battle of Stalingrad
7) What happened on May 8th, 1945?
8) Green says that World War II had a definite cause involving Germany and Japan. What was it?
9) What is the other cause for WWII that Green argues Hitler and Germany wanted to do with captured territory?
10) What is the Latin/Roman quote that Green uses to describe WWII?
11) Explain why he applies this quote to WWII with at least 3 details from the video.