- BW 59) List 4 examples of how China attempted to become a socialist/communist government starting in 1950. (p. 395)
- Sailing the Seas Depends on the Helmsman – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng_MYJhbygw
- Sailing seas depends on the helmsman,
Life and growth depends on the sun.
Rain and dew nourish the crops,
Making revolution depends on Mao Zedong Thought.
Fish can’t leave the water,
Nor melons leave the vines.
The revolutionary masses can’t do without the Communist Party.
Mao Zedong Thought is the sun that forever shines.
- Without the Communist Party there would no New China
- Mao quotes from “The Little Red Book”
- ‘A Communist should have largeness of mind and he should be staunch and active, looking upon the interests of the revolution as his very life and subordinating his personal interests to those of the revolution; always and everywhere he should adhere to principle and wage a tireless struggle against all incorrect ideas and actions, so as to consolidate the collective life of the Party and the masses; he should be more concerned about the Party and the masses than about any individual, and more concerned about others than about himself. Only thus can he be considered a Communist.
Every comrade must be brought to understand that the supreme test of the words and deeds of a Communist is whether they conform with the highest interests and enjoy the support of the overwhelming majority of the people.
Every Communist working in the mass movements should be a friend of the masses and not a boss over them, an indefatigable teacher and not a bureaucratic politician.’
Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book, at chp.28
- Go over Cold War Crossword!
- Vocab Words for Friday Quiz
- 38th Parallel
- Cold War
- United Nations
- Iron Curtain
- East Germany
- West Germany
- Marshall Plan
- Berlin Airlift
- Warsaw Pact
- Arms Race
- Space Race
- Korean War
- North Korea
- South Korea