1. BW 50) Read “The U.S. decides to drop the bomb” on p. 368. Write down a reason FOR and a reason AGAINST dropping the atomic bomb on Japan in 1945.
2. Go over HW
3. May 4th, 1970 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OmZvyNrzAs
4. Barefoot Gen movie:
Go to http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-the-u-s-have-dropped-the-atomic-bomb
1. Read at least 4 points on each side
2. List what you consider the best 3 reasons FOR dropping the atomic bomb on Japan in 1945
3. List what you consider the best 3 reasons AGAINST dropping the atomic bomb on Japan in 1945
4. VOTE! on the site and explain why you voted the way that you did on your HW paper.
BW 48) Describe the total number of troops and war materials used for “D-Day.” What did it achieve? (p. 362)
Last day in class to work on packet – DUE MONDAY!
D-Day video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RTzi5Vt7w
BW 45) Describe what “blitzkrieg” warfare was like. (p. 354-355)
Watch video on blitzkrieg warfare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ha0qKquG2E
Start “Stuff my Dad thinks you should know about WWII” WS
my dad and WWII story-FINAL
My Dad and WWII – question sheet
Watch the Crash Course video on World War II here:
Answer the following questions:
1) Why does Green think you could argue that World War II started in 1931?
2) Describe what “blitzkrieg” was like and whether it was effective or not.
3) What was the purpose of the “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster?
4) What nation did Germany attack that opened up the “Eastern Front?”
5) Why was Argentina vital to the Allied powers?
6) Describe two significant things about the Battle of Stalingrad
7) What happened on May 8th, 1945?
8) Green says that World War II had a definite cause involving Germany and Japan. What was it?
9) What is the other cause for WWII that Green argues Hitler and Germany wanted to do with captured territory?
10) What is the Latin/Roman quote that Green uses to describe WWII?
11) Explain why he applies this quote to WWII with at least 3 details from the video.
BW 44) Give your honest opinion of the WWII “Outbreak of War” simulation in detail.
Current Event article of your choosing
1) Summary paragraph
2) Your opinion on the topic